Given that this unit is short, so is the homework!
- Only moving charges (i.e. currents) generate and feel magnetic fields
- The field is “real” and the key object (just like for electricity)
- Moving charges make fields which can then exert forces on other moving charges
- Use your right hand: thumb in current ( or ), fingers in
- For the direction of a magnetic field, fingers curl in direction of
- is another universal constant like , , , and
- For the force, palm “pushes” in the direction of
- Result is particles in uniform move in circles!!