Chapter Eight – Feminism is for Everybody
- Emphasizing capitalism at the root of sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression, bell hooks tackled all axes of oppression/resistance under her call for feminism.
- White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy is not rooted in our bodies or genetics, it is rather the result of racist social practices inherent to capitalism.
- A feminist revolution alone will not create such a world; we need to end racism, class elitism, and imperialism
- Hooks calls to overcome master/slave relations even within groups that live in a situation of brutal oppression
- Men, White Women, everybody needs to be involved in raising all women’s status
- Move away from victimization to struggle with all and for all (Nietzsche)
- Stands against binary identity politics