Chapter Ten – Postmodern, Postcolonial Revolution
Additional Reading and Resources
- Marcos, Subcomandante and Žiga Vodovnik. 2004. Ya basta!: Ten Years of the Zapatista Uprising. Oakland, CA: AK Press.
- Sixth Declaration of the Lacandon Jungle
- Monteagudo, Graciela. 2012. Autonomist Social Movements. In Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Globalization, online
- Why We Still Love the Zapatistas by Leonidas Oikonomakis
Quick history and analysis of strengths. The article also answers critiques. Highly recommended reading
- Zapatista Women Revolutionary Law as published by the EZLN in the Mexican Awakener
- Indigenous Peoples and Autonomy: Insights for a Global Age edited by Mario Blaser, Ravi de Costa, Deborah McGregor, and William D. Coleman
Particularly interesting stuff on page 227, where the concepts of “lead by obeying” and “walking questioning” are addressed. Excerpt available on Google Books
- Dissident Women Gender and Cultural Politics in Chiapas edited by Shannon Speed, R. Aída Hernández Castillo, and Lynn M. Stephen
Particularly, Chapter two, titled “Indigenous Women and Zapatismo, New Horizons of Visibility”.
- Monty Python Explains Occupy Wall Street in 3 Minutes
- Zapatista (1/5) by Anarcho82Insurgent
Summarized as “A documentary about the Zapatista’s struggle in the Chiapas region of southern Mexico.” Good for context.